Title: Ritual: Sorcer Angel
Release date: 2019
Type of translation: full localization
Year of localization: 2019
Platforms: PC, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch
Words translated: 8600+
This is by far the most enjoyable localization I did up until now. I localized dialogues, UI, and store descriptions. I was provided with a lot of useful materials, and the developers were available to answer promptly to any questions.
- The developers provided me with a full translation kit with, among the others, a key to color and font codes used in the excel file
- The text to translate had color and font codes to help me understand who was talking or the various UI parts
- I was provided with a glossary. This was very important since the game is released on Nintendo Switch, which uses its own glossary terms
- Queries answered quickly and thoroughly
- The game itself is enjoyable and its gameplay innovative
- Not very challenging on the linguistic side
A translator’s work is easier when developers have a clear idea about what a localization is, how it works, what the translators do and what they need to start in the best possible way. The translation kit should be a basic requirement if you want to have your game localized, and I will talk about it in a separate post.
Remember to keep following me for other tips and thoughts.